- Meals on Wheels volunteers deliver meals Monday-Friday between 11:00am and 1:00pm. Each meal delivery consists of one hot meal, one chilled meal, and two beverages. *We currently are not accepting any new clients for deliveries on Thursdays**
- A completed application and a non-refundable deposit of $75 is required to start meal service. This payment can be made on our website under “Make a Payment”. Please include the name of the recipient in the memo line. We also accept cash and check, which can be mailed or dropped off in the Meals on Wheels drop box located on the Garden Level of Sentara Obici Hospital. This deposit covers the first 10 days of meal delivery. Meal cost is $7.50 per day after deposit is used. Meal delivery will continue after 10 day deposit is used unless otherwise notified.
- Invoices are mailed monthly to the recipient or authorized representative.
- Meals on Wheels of Suffolk & Isle of Wight is a community-based, not-for-profit organization that relies on private payments, donations, and grants to provide services. If you are over the age of 60 and unable to pay for your meals, please call Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia at 757-461-9481 to see if you qualify for financial assistance.
- Please notify us at least 24 hours in advance if recipient will not be home for a delivery due to a doctor’s appointment or other scheduling conflict. If communication is not received in advance, the recipient’s account will be charged for the meals made.
**Please fill out our online application and a staff member will contact you within 48 hours.**
Online Application Form